Sunday, July 29, 2012

Scary Christmas In July


They put out the Christmas at the Hobby Lobby last week.  It is July.

The folks that live around the block still sporting their last season icicle lights and the El Rancho strip mall adoring two giant wreaths in their entryway obviously concur that the holiday either never left or has arrived six months early.

Exemplifying my blonde (store bought and proud of it), for a moment I thought perhaps I had missed autumn completely.  Summer has been busy. I was relieved to immediately notice that across the street workers were installing the banner for the Halloween superstore. So basically we have fall and Christmas starting in the second week of the summer. It would have been tragic to miss my favorite scariest holiday, Halloween. (The second scariest holiday, as we all know, is Easter….mostly due to the fact that I still have not located one of the hidden boiled eggs my kids painted back in ’09)

I love Halloween, but scary movies really scare me. (Recall the blonde)
In my youth, yes back in the Byzantine, as my son claims, I tried to be cool with my pals and saw all the classics, like Halloween, Rosemary’s Baby, and Nightmare on Elm Street. The scenes kept me awake many a night fearing a good slashing by crazy dead people. Ironically, what I have discovered as I have aged is that life experienced these last subsequent thirty years, pales in comparison to Jason and his extracurricular activities.  I now have a collection of horror movies of my own. Night of the Living Dead has nothing on my personal anthology.

My scary movies are below…coming to a theatre near you…

Night of the Living Interns ~ One woman experiences the horror of a group of Obstetric Interns learning how to measure pre-birth dilation by crowding into her tiny delivery room….twenty male and female students, one awkwardly positioned mom in the stirrups….pure gruesomeness.

Marie’s Baby’s Diaper ~For the love of Pete! What is that? Do we call the after-hours pediatrician or go to the emergency room stat? It is terror on the changing table.

Nightmare on My Street ~ Junior is in a 3:00 a.m. wake-up pattern….you may never…sleep…again…

Cujo( In The Family)~ You have to babysit the In-laws dog….he has a disorder that causes him to vomit sporadically if he drinks too much water….It is ninety-eight degrees, Cujo is thirsty…

Night of the Living Interns 2 ~ They‘re bahaack! This time to discuss appropriate treatment for post-birth trauma….to awful to go on…you simply must see the movie.(Actually, please don’t , we will have to avoid eye contact in public)

My Poltergeist~ The toilet seat is mysteriously agape; mom falls in and is lost to the other side…

Husband of Frankenstein~ She's not your usual maniacal PMS partner, welcome to menopause! You can run, but the wife will hunt you down…

‘Thanksgiving’ ~No, that’s not Michael Myers’ knife going through you…that is the veggie dip you made with two-day old sour cream. Stay away from the bathroom Nana…

Since its Christmas, you may have some vacation time to hit the theater. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment